LEAKS AND CLOGS
Leak and Clog Identification and Repair
An unattended leak can cause serious damage to your home. Leaks can be especially damaging in our resort area, a leak on the top floor of a condo building can damage multiple units below, so it’s important to be proactive and call a plumber right away.
Leaks in water piping can be caused by several different things, including frozen pipes or aging plumbing systems. Drains can also begin to leak over time. Just like your car, a home’s plumbing system can break down and fail as it ages. Thankfully, there are some things you can do to be proactive about leaks.
Seaside Plumbing’s trained technicians can help identify issues and take care of any piping repairs or leaks – big or small. We can even repair or replace water (and sewer) mains or help with the installation of water (and sewer) mains for new homes.
Be Proactive About Leaks
- Ask about our plumbing mainenance programs
- Become familiar with where your water shut off valves are – if there is a leak you can immediately turn off the water to reduce damage (give us a call and we’d be happy to help you locate them and give you an overview of your plumbing system).
- If you are away for longer periods of time we ALWAYS recommend turning your water off at the main
Signs of a Leak
- Unusually high water bills
- Water spots on walls, floors or ceilings
- Sagging spots on walls, floors or ceilings
- Moldy/mildewy odors without an obvious cause
- Water on the floor around toilet
- Water pooling up in your yard (could be a sign of a water main leak)
- No water (could be a sign of a larger issue or water main leak)